My Aspirational Group

My Aspirational Group
The Shoes Are The Bomb

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Diddy as Etymologist and Acne Sufferer

Just had to expand on my friend Pearl’s blog about Diddy. For those that didn’t know or are somehow able to withstand the Allure of the Infomercial (I sure can’t), Diddy used Proactive solution for years. As he inimitably put it, he used Proactive to “moisturize my situation” and “preserve my sexy.”

What I love:

--Diddy calls his skin “a situation”
--Diddy makes the word "sexy" a noun

If he doesn’t have some sort of direct line to God, he’s definitely working with publishers of the OED. The dude is reinventing language! And talk about God-like clout…the ad is now NOWHERE TO BE FOUND! It exists only in our collective memory.

But we remember, Diddy. Oh yes, we remember.

1 comment:

Pearl said...

Oh, I completely forgot about that!

Preserve my sexy, indeed.

His smug self-assuredness has clearly led him to incredible success, but he's so not someone I'd ever want to meet, you know?

Pearl

p.s. Thanks for the "shout-out"!