My Aspirational Group

My Aspirational Group
The Shoes Are The Bomb

Thursday, July 10, 2008

What music to play while driving through Utah at 90 miles per hour

...with a dog and cat in your car. I go through the San Rafael Swell about four times a year. It's a great drive, even if you are in a Chevy Malibu Maxx stuffed to the gills with suitcases and a dog and cat. The 170 miles from the Utah/Colorado border to civilization took me about 115 minutes today. Filling that time up was:

Amy Winehouse--Frank
Great voice. I get amused when I read about people/critics talking about her "multiple influences and styles!!" like she invented that or something. (Send a memo to Ella, Sarah Vaughan, Anita O'Day, etc.) But, hey, I'm mentioning Amy in that company. That's a compliment. Loved the disc.

U2--The Joshua Tree
Not all of it; does anyone need to hear "With or Without You" again? But the songs that I still think of as the side 2 songs sounded terrific.

Ben Folds Five--Whatever and Ever Amen
Freaked my dog Daisy out with my wild gesticulations and loud singing of "kiss my ass goodbye!" and "Well, fuck you too!"

And then it was civilization again.

No comments: