My Aspirational Group

My Aspirational Group
The Shoes Are The Bomb

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

TV Show Reviews (from titles without actually watching them)

"Do Not Disturb." Am I missing something? It’s a too too clever title, but it’s not going to play well with the Unwashed Masses, who will only choose this show over potential stablemate, “Don't Watch This Channel.”

"Supernanny." Getting fed up with the habit of adding the prefix “Super-“ to unnecessary nouns (likewise with the suffixes “-gate” and “-ology”). She’s a nanny, for God’s sake. Superdrugstoreclerk woudn’t get my attention etiher.

"America’s Toughest Jobs." They didn’t contact me. I know the show much be full of shit.

"Dirty Sexy Money." So, what…attractive people cleaning bills and coins? Is this some sort of reality show? Maybe it’s a spin-off from “America’s Toughest Jobs.”

"Numb3rs." Okay, here’s the deal. No more of this “numbers for letters” crap unless you’re Prince. He gets a free pass. "Nothing Compares 2 U" is still a great song.

"The Biggest Loser: Families." I know…it’s about weight loss. I’m sure it’s heartwarming. So why cross them up with the show’s name? I mean, do we crown an attractive beauty pageant candidate “Miss Armpit Stain”? Truth in advertising, that’s all I’m saying.

"My Own Worst Enemy." A bit too autobiographical. One word: Tequila.

"The Unit." Biography of a well-endowed man? Gotta be better than the 7000th show about some sort of military group. I bet this is a more serious A-Team…but if it was about John Holmes, it would be more entertaining.

No comments: